Propane - A Safe Fuel
Propane is a safe and reliable energy source that must be handled properly and with care, as with any energy source. Henderson Oil and Propane is dedicated to keeping you and your family safe while using propane in your home or business. Our staff is continuously being trained on how to safely and effectively manage propane systems. We utilize training programs provided on a state level and a national level to make sure that we are proficient in all safety techniques. Our experienced technicians will inspect your entire propane system and appliances to ensure that they are running safely.
What To Do If You Smell Gas
In order to protect your family and property, you must be aware of your propane system and know what to do in the event of a suspected leak.
- Immediately extinguish all open flames or cigarettes.
- Do not operate any electrical equipment as they may produce a spark.
- Leave the area or building immediately.
- Turn off the gas at the main supply valve on the tank.
- Report the leak to us. If you cannot reach us immediately call 911.
- Do not return to the area until the smell of gas has dissipated.
- Have your system checked by our staff.
Remember that propane is a safe energy source when it is handled properly. Henderson Oil & Propane is dedicated to working with you to ensure that you will have years of worry free service from your propane system. Contact Henderson Oil & Propane with any questions.
Propane Safety Websites
Propane 101 - Promoting safety through understanding
Propane Safety - Site from the Propane Education and Research Council
Propane Grill Safety - Grill safety information from the National Propane Gas Association (NPGA)
Monthly Propane Safety Tips - 12 tips from the NPGA
Home Safe Home - Propane safety information from the Texas Railroad Commission